Podcast Episode Overview
In this episode of Building a Website Pro, I share with you the must-know settings for a new WordPress installation. Where are they, which ones you should focus on, and what I suggest for setting them up.
More specifically, in this session you’ll find out about:
- How to create a new category for posts
- Which settings are crucial for a new WordPress installation
- Where you should and shouldn’t go for downloading themes and plugins
- A quick strategy for backing up your WordPress Website
- And much more!
Resources and Links Mentioned in this Session Include:
- VIDEO VERSIONS of “how tos” in my podcasts will be available in the future. Be the first to know when they’re available. Sign up to receive email updates from me. I will only send valuable, actionable information. No Spamming. I don’t like it either.
- Plugins Directory on WordPress.org: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/
- Plugins information (all the official WordPress documentation about plugins): http://codex.wordpress.org/Plugins
- Elegant Themes
- Thesis Theme
- Themes Directory (Free) on WordPress.org: http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/
- Theme Development documentation: http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Development
- BuildingAWebsitePro.com/gopro – VIDEO: Learn how to build a website with a custom domain name in 3 minutes. No joke! 🙂
- GoProGift.com – Instant access to my free ebook, “7 Important Things You Need to Consider When Building a Website.”
- GoProWebHosting.com – The Web hosting provider I love and recommend to friends and family
Get your own personal Gravatar image to help your own personal or business brand! Sign up for free at Gravatar.com. Your Gravatar image is linked to the email address with which you sign up, so use the email address that you will use in your WordPress account and when interacting on other people’s blogs (e.g. in your comments on a blog post).
Help Out the Show!
And lastly, if you haven’t done so already I would love if you took a minute to leave a quick rating and review of the podcast on iTunes by clicking on the link below! It would be extremely helpful for the show and I’m aiming for 50, 5-star ratings before the end of the year! I am honored to have you here! Thank you!
Thank you so much for listening! I hope you enjoyed this episode of the podcast!
Please let me know what you think in the comment section below. And let me know what topics you might like to hear about in future episodes!
Ciao for niao!